Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2013, A "to do " list

I decided to come up with a "to do" list for 2013. It's not something I usually do or have ever done for that matter, but I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for me and I wanna try to stick to some of these small goals to make it even better. Maybe making them public will help me do it?!

1. Learn to Crochet and/or knit

This is something that up until recently I had little interest in. But lately I've been thinking about hobbies and the fact that I have very little. I love to be creative and crafty so I figured this would be right up my alley. Plus I can make cool stuff for myself and others! My Grandmother was and Aunt still is really good at it, so I figure it must be in my blood somewhere. I even decided to start a "stitch n bitch" so my friends and I can perfect our skills together while doing some hardcore girl talk!I can't wait to get started!

2. Get in shape

I really just need to eat better. My blood sugar needs to be lower, my cholesterol is high an I need to lose 15 pounds to be at the appropriate weight for my height. I'm not happy about it, I'd rather eat donuts, cupcakes and pizza every day like a true fatty but I just can't anymore.I realize that I'm getting older and I need to get healthy to make sure I'm here for my kids. Wish me luck!

3.Spring cleaning/organizing!

This is mainly a garage project but the house could use it also. time to get rid of some major junk.


4.Blog More

I'm working on it! It feels good and I love to do it but I'm a huge procrastinator so sometimes even when I have a half hour to sit down and blog I don't.

5. Bake More

I love to make cupcakes, cakes, etc. and don't do it enough. Although this my not be a good idea in regards to #2.


6. Read more books

I would like to read at last two, maybe three. They may be only autobiographies but at least I'll be reading.

7. Travel More

I just wanna go places with Eric really. It's my favorite thing to do.

8. Do the Fresno Autism Walk

I missed last years so cant wait to do it this year and hopefully raise lots of money for a cause thats now very near and dear to my family and I.


Well, there it is. There are a few other things I would like to do this year, much bigger things I would like to do but I think I will keep a few things to myself.

On a side note:

It's crazy how much more you appreciate a child's ability to talk and communicate once you have a child who is unable to do it. I'm so very proud of my son. He has improved SO much just in the last month. I see a new light in his eyes and I'm so excited for the months to come and all the new things he will say and do. He talks more and more everyday and even though he has a lot of work to do in other areas his ability to communicate improves daily. He truly amazes me.

We've been going to our favorite park a lot lately and Blake loves it!  We usually pick up cousin Jude and Auntie heather on the way. We're lucky because in January here it's still sunny and warm enough to be outside most days. Maybe not so lucky in July when its 110 degrees though.

Park Pics:


 



 
 




 
 

Til next time.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you're going to do a walk team, want someone to walk with or just need a donation for the walk. I'm down for either of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally will! Thanks :) I think it's in April because that is "Autism awareness month" I ned t figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete