Saturday, May 5, 2012

Awkward.

Yesterday was Friday and I had the day off from work, It was grrreat! I got to stay home with Blake on a weekday which meant it was just he and I from about 8:45 a.m. until about 3:50 p.m. Getting to hangout with Blake alone is so nice and I think he liked it too. Usually Blake isn't the clingy type. He doesn't want to cuddle or sit by me hardly ever but yesterday he wanted to be with me every second and I loved it. Id wished every day could be like that.

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday and was a little nervous abut having t take him with me because he can be pretty loud and  ummmm well for lack of a better word, unruly. He was actually listening to me though, I would say "Blake come this way" and he would follow me, which was amazing.Yes, he kept opening and shutting the door and was demanding "COLORS" very loudly but once I gave him my phone to watch Bella's dance video he was silent for a good 20 minutes which was just long enough for me to see the doctor.

Something happened yesterday though that was kind of awkward and I realized that it would probably happen over and over and over for a long time. I felt I had to "explain" that Blake is "autistic" to my doctor. I wouldn't have normally felt the need to say this but he was trying to talk to Blake and he wanted nothing to do with him. He completely ignored him so for some reason I felt the need to say " oh, he has Autism, so he gets really into things (the video on my phone) and wont pay attention to much else". I guess I could have went on and on about how he doesn't talk much and so he probably wouldn't have said anything to him regardless. but I stopped there and the doctor just gave a little awkward giggle and said "oh, okay" or something to that extent and that was pretty much it. I don't know if this is what I should do or whatever but it kind of makes me feel better to justify why he isn't communicating with someone so I will probably continue to do so.

Anyway, Im off to do my Saturday duties! Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment